Life has been pretty tough lately and it’s been a struggle not to lose hope. Thankfully, the habit of meditating daily helps in maintaining my sanity and peace of mind. So is my faith in the almighty that He will set everything right. Life is tough but it’s our perspective which determines if we are going to go through the trials and tribulations as a victim or as a warrior.
Here are 20 quotes from Paulo Coelho which will help you face the challenges of life with hope & enthusiasm:
- When you are disheartened by failure- “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”
- When you are indecisive or at crossroads- “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”
- When you feel doubtful about your actions-“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
- When you feel afraid-“When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.”
- When you fall prey to victim-consciousness-“I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.”
- When we lose confidence-“What’s the world’s greatest lie?… It’s this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate.”
- When you find it difficult to deal with hatred- “Haters are confused admirers who can’t understand why everybody else likes you”
- When you face disappointment in love- “My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive–I’ll find love again.”
- When you are about to let go-“It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.”
- When you feel hurt-“In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel.”
- When you feel misunderstood-“Don’t explain. Your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you”
- When you feel lost- “A life without a cause is a life without effect.”
- When your faith is shaken- “I learned that the search for God is a Dark Night, that Faith is a Dark Night. And that’s hardly a surprise really, because for us each day is a dark night. None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, and yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.”
- When you find it hard to forgive-“The energy of hatred won’t get you anywhere; but the energy of forgiveness, which reveals itself through love, will transform your life in a positive way.”
- When you feel defeated-“Defeat is for the valiant. Only they will know the honour of losing and the joy of winning
I am not here to tell you that defeat is a part of life: we all know that. Only the defeated know Love. Because it is in the realm of love that we fight our first battles – and generally lose.
I am here to tell you that there are people who have never been defeated.
They are the ones who never fought.
They managed to avoid scars, humiliations, feelings of helplessness, as well as those moments when even warriors doubt the existence of God.’’
- When you are hesitant to follow your heart- “One day you will wake up & there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.”
- When you feel overburdened by others’ expectations-“What is I? It’s what you are, not what others make of you.”
- When you are unsure of the company you are in- “But other people also ‘invite’ us to behave like victims, when they complain about the unfairness of life, for example, and ask us to agree, to offer advice, to participate.
Be careful. When you join in that game you always end up losing.”
- When you feel overwhelmed-“Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.”
- When you hit the lowest point- “When I had nothing more to lose, I was given everything. When I ceased to be who I am, I found myself. When I experienced humiliation and yet kept on walking, I understood that I was free to choose my destiny.”