Last 2-3 months had been quite frustrating for me due to some challenges at workplace. Inspite of daily meditations & spiritual practices, I was sinking into depression and hopelessness. I knew the negative thoughts were doing me no good but I just couldn’t push them out of my head.
And like a fresh breeze of air, came my visit to Art of Living International Centre in Bangalore. The days spent in silence in the presence of my Master, the profound knowledge, Shakti Kriya brought me back to life and to my normal self. I came back with a smile on my face, gratitude in my heart and peace in my mind.
Within two days of my coming back, I had the opportunity for another spiritual journey to Chintpurni-Jwalaji-Kangra-Chamunda-Baglamukhi temples. I travelled with people I hardly knew and they turned out to be the most amazing companions. I met an Acharya ji during this visit and we talked at length about tantra & spirituality. I had always associated tantra with something negative but I heard an entirely different perspective from Acharya ji.
There are valuable lessons I learnt during these trips, lessons which helped me overcome my frustrations and have a new look on the whole situation in my life.
- When our kindness is not reciprocated in the same way, we become unhappy. Good people become sad when they are betrayed by others. Just remember that nobody can take away from you, whatever is there in your destiny. Stop being unhappy about how others treat you. Just be happy knowing that God is there to take care of you.
- You are responsible for your happiness. Nobody else has the power to make you unhappy but it’s your reactions & thought processes which make you unhappy.
- We all have weaknesses in us which limit our potential if left unaddressed. Discover them. Recognize them. And learn to overcome them by seeking the help of others.
- The company we keep bring us inspiration or derail our progress. Choose your friends wisely. If someone is always complaining and being negative then it is better to avoid them.
- Faith & surrender can help you overcome your biggest hurdles in life. Whenever in doubt, have faith that your Master is there for you.Events may come and go, but you be rock solid in your faith.
- Some people come in your life as lessons and some as blessings. Be grateful for both!