There have been lots of changes at the workplace lately & chaos reigns. This has not been the first time but this has been the worst scenario since I joined my company eight years back.
As I was sitting at my desk, I thought about the little nuggets of professional wisdom which have profoundly influenced the way I think & work. All it takes is a single idea in small paragraph to revolutionize the way the direction of your life takes. Robin Sharma’s books have deeply motivated & inspired me all these years.
So—to inspire you & myself (I desperately need some motivation!), I wanted to share these pearls of wisdom. Thanks Robin (And if you haven’t read any of his books yet, then you must!).Here you go and I’ll be reading your comments at the end:
- Give more than you take. The marketplace rewards generosity.
- Become the most passionate person you know. It’ll be contagious.
- Stop being a victim. Your business and personal life was made by you. No one else is responsible. To make it better, make better choices. And new decisions.
- You can lead without a title. Don’t wait to get a position to stand for excellence, peak quality and overdelivery on every expectation.
- The only level of great manners to play at is “Exceedingly Polite”. In our world, this alone will make you a standout. And differentiate you in your marketplace.
- To double your results, double your level of execution.
- Spend time in solitude every day. Your best ideas live there.
- Buy a smaller TV and build a larger library.
- Don’t ask for respect. Earn it.
- Protect your good name. It’s your best asset.